Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Happy Thursday everyone.  We had some strong storms last night and this morning.  These gray days sap my energy.  If I didn't have to work in the candy store today, I would have been on the couch all day.
Well my favorite for Dancing With The Stars did not win but she did come in 2nd place.  This article is about how well the athletes do in the competition.  I think they are used to training and are probably in a lot better shape to start out than some of the other contestants.  They have videos of some of the best dances by the athletes too.
http://thestir.cafemom.com/sports/138036/donald_drivers_win_shows_athletes?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=dancingwithstars_fanpage
This article is from Gretchen Rubin author of the Happiness Project.  It is about ways to be more creative.  This is good one for all you Artists and Photographers out there.  I know I sometimes need some new inspiration with my Photography.
http://happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2012/05/7-tips-i-use-to-spark-my-creativity/
Here is an article on how to save money on baggage fees.  I try to pack light so I pick one base color and make sure everything I take can mix and match.  That way you can take fewer shoes and accessories as well.  Delta waives the luggage fees is you are using their credit card but there is an annual fee so it might not really save you any money if you don't travel a lot.
http://www.learnvest.com/2012/05/how-to-avoid-luggage-fees-this-memorial-day/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=lvdaily&utm_campaign=jump
Here is an article about why you cannot always trust your in camera light meter.  A hand held light meter is much better if you can afford it.   A good one runs around $300.00.
http://digital-photography-school.com/why-your-cameras-meter-gets-exposure-wrong?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DigitalPhotographySchool+%28Digital+Photography+School%29
Here is How I Took It Photo for today:

Cherry & Spoon Sculpture
I shot this with my Olympus E510 SLR Camera, Manual Mode, F4.5, 1/50th second and ISO 100.

Here are the Top Ten Reasons To Buy Local by Meanwhile in Canada which was posted on Facebook by good friend and Food Blogger Kelly Allard of Thunder Bay, Canada.
1. Strengthen your local economy.
2. Reduce climate change impacts.
3. Support community groups.
4. Keep our community unique.
5. Create more good jobs.
6. Get better service.
7. Invest in your community.
8. Buy what you need.  Don't buy the hype.
9. Put your taxes to good use.
10. Encourage local prosperity.
Here is today's Thought For The Day:
Positively Positive
“The path you are traveling may be the more challenging one but don’t lose faith, don’t listen to the doubters, don’t let setbacks keep you down and most of all, don’t give up.” ―Chris Assaad
Thanks for reading my Blog!
Becky McGuire
612-490-0359


No comments:

Post a Comment