Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Time? Blog

Happy Thursday everyone.  Today I am off to meet some of my Travel Agent friends at Mall Of America to see the Diana Exhibit.  We plan to have a leisurely lunch after that.  Can't wait.
Tonight I am going to meet some of my Photo Buddies from the Minnesota Valley Photography Club for a Photo Shoot in Burnsville.  I will post some photos tomorrow if I have time.
This article is from the Light Stalker website.  It is about Night Photography which is so much fun and not hard at all once you learn the basics.  A tripod and a off camera trigger or using your camera's timer are a must.  There are some awesome night shots posted with the article too.
Here is an article about shooting sporting events.  If you are using a Point & Shoot camera turn the dial to the runner icon.  This setting works well for shooting anything that is moving as well.
Today's How I Took It Photo was taken at the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory in St. Paul, MN with my Olympus E510 SLR Camera, Maual Mode, F2.0, 1/80th of a second, ISO 100.

Here is a video showing an auction of the world's most expensive camera.  Unbelievable!
Here is a link to my Photography friend, Karen Seargeant's website.  There are some awesome shots in her galley.
http://www.karenseargeant.com/
Here is an article about one more thing the airlines are doing away with.  Is it better to be standing in line or sitting in a chair waiting for the families to get settled? GRRRRRR..., OK, I am done ranting & raving for now.
http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/05/early-boarding-for-families-disappearing/
Here is a recipe courtesy of Whole Foods that looks really good and would be great for a summer meal.
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3268
Today's Thought For The Day was posted by my Photo Buddy Cassandra on Facebook:
“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.”
― Ansel Adams
Thank you for reading my Blog!
Becky McGuire
612-490-0359
http://www.facebook.com/tvlgoddess

No comments:

Post a Comment