Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday Blog

I woke up today to gray skies after last night's thunder storms.  Traffic in the candy store is so tied to the weather I can't believe it sometimes.   The sun came out after lunch and it was like someone flipped a switch.    Here come the kids.  I just unpacked a big candy order so we have lots on new stuff.  It is so fun to see the looks delight on the kid's faces when they come in and the see something new.  It is the best part of the job.
I have been posting what I call Facebook Freebies.  Every so often I put a post on the Miracole's Facebook page offering some kind of candy for free just to see who is paying attention. You must mention the Facebook Freebie to get the free piece of candy.   One of my customers, Tyler, keeps missing it so today I called it Tyler Taffy Tuesday.   I hope he sees it.
I thought since Prom season is coming up I would feature Tailor On Main once again.  My Granddaughter is having owner, Cindy Hansen, alter her Prom dress.  Cindy does such an amazing job.  Being someone who hates to sew I really appreciate having Tailor On Main just down the street.  Tailor On Main is located in the Dowtown Lakeville Mall just down from Post Office. 
20730 Holyoke Ave. Suite 105 P.O. 462 
Lakeville, MN 55044
(952) 469-6669
With the Easter Holiday coming up I thought this article on Photographing Groups might be helpful.  I try
to get group shots whenever we have a family get together and it can be a challenge to get a good
picture of everyone.  Our family tradition has become taking at least one group shot of everyone making 
a funny face.  This seems to be the price I pay to get them to smile.
 http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-take-great-group-photos
Corel has debuted a new program called After Shot Pro.  It looks like it will be similiar to Adobe's
Light Room.  It as photo editing capabilities as well a system to organize and catalog your digital images.
I have been really lax about organizing my images.  I do have them by date but it is still a challenge
to find a certain image if you can't remember when it was taken. 
http://links.email1-corel.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?a=gitHq-v-RRrjcCMtqoBYYKOV
Southwest Airlines just came out with a sale. The fares are $69.00 to $222.00 each way including tax.
The fares are based on availability at time of booking.  They do not sell the whole plane at the sale prices
so you need to grab the seats as soon as possible.
 Here are the rules:

  • 10-day advance purchase required.
  • Purchase from April 3 through April 5, 2012, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
  • Travel April 17 through May 30, 2012.
  • Travel valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
  • Blackout Dates Apply: May 29, 2012.
  • Offer not available to/from Washington D.C. (Dulles).
  • Thanks for reading my Blog!
    Becky McGuire
    612-490-0359
    www.facebook.com/tvlgoddess
    www.insidetheframestudios.com
    www.miracolescandyshoppe.com


    No comments:

    Post a Comment