Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sunny Day Blog

Sorry I did not get a Blog done yesterday.  It was busy in the store and I had a Florida trip to work on so I just ran out of time. 
Today is a bright sunny day here in beautiful Downtown Lakeville.  The high temperature is supposed to be in the 70's so I am excited.   The nice weather brings people in the candy store and it makes for a fun day working with the customers.
The Downtown merchants are busy working on this week's Family Fun Night event scheduled for this Thursday 6:00PM to 8:00PM.  It will be held in the parking lot next to Ace Hardware.  There will be free food, games & entertainment so there will be something for everyone.  We will keep the candy store open during the event and we will have some free candy too!
Isabella's is planning an event for May 10th from 4:00PM to 7:00PM.  They will showcasing their new Spring Fashions.  Mark your calendars.  Here is a link to their Facebook Page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Isabellas/159124610773136
I found a new Photography Blog to follow.  It is by Photographer Daryl Hunter who I connected with on the LinkedIn Photography Group.  It focuses on "Seeing".  This sounds rather symplistic at first but you need to be able to look at subject and be able to see it as a photograph.  He, also, talks about the differnt types of light which is the key to getting a good shot.
http://daryl-hunter.net/the-vagaries-of-seeing-photogaphy/?goback=%2Egde_2759457_member_109151126
I had a great time on Sunday at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.  My Photo Buddy, Tina, and I went out there early Sunday morning.  It was cloudy and cool but we forged ahead anyway.  I would have liked some blue skies in my shots but it was not to be.  The Magnolia and Crab Apple trees were blooming as well as the Tulips an Daffodils.  Unfortunately the fountains and water falls were not turned on yet.  We want to go back in May & June when the Iris are blooming.  Here is a link to some of my shots that I posted on Facebook.
Here is an article for all you parents of teenage boys about photographing Skate Boarders.  These principles will apply to any type of action shots.  You need to have a fast shutter speed to stop the action.  For those of you not shooting in manual mode just set is on the icon of the runner. 
Here is the thought for the day courtesy of our friends at The Happiness Project:
"My favorite thing is to go where I've never been before" by Diane Arbus.  This is one of my favorite things as well. 
Thank you for reading my Blog!
Becky McGuire
612-490-0359
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment