Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Blog

Happy Monday everyone.  I am having to really motivate myself today.  It is a lovely summer day today so that is a plus. 
Here is an article about Self Portraits and how to help you move up from the Beginner Photographer stage from our friends at Digital Photography School.  Thank you to my friend, Jim Bryant, for posting this one on Facebook.
http://digital-photography-school.com/self-portraits-7-tips-for-going-beyond-the-basics
Today's How I Shot It was taken from Harriet Island with my Olympus E510 SLR, F22, 30 second exposure, ISO100.  I converted this to black and white in Corel Paintshop Pro X4.
Here is a great article from our friends at Picture Correct about Tripods and Monopods.  I tried using a Monopod and I hated it but I see a lot of Photographers using them on Photo Shoots so maybe it was just me.  It does pay to buy the sturdiest Tripod you can afford because any movement will effect your picture quality.  If you want to do any night photography, you have to use a Tripod.
This article is courtesy Digital Photography School.  It is about Moon Photography.  This is one subject that can be tricky because it is moving and it is a light source.  I have improved but I have not yet gotten the perfect moon shot.  If it ever happens I will be sure to post it here.
Here is new web page one of Photo Buddies started on the best places to photograph and why.  You can submit your favorites as well.  Pretty cool!
Here is a really cool way to show off your photos.  It is like having your own online gallery.
Here is today's Thought For The Day:
"We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us." - Ralph Hattersley
A big Thank You to my friend Terry of Terry Mercer Photography for posting this quote on Facebook.
Thank you for reading my Blog!
Becky McGuire
612-490-0359

No comments:

Post a Comment