Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mid June Blog

After our steamy weekend today it is sunny but cool.  It was quite a shock when I left the house this morning.  I had to go back and get a jacket.  It is supposed to warm up for the weekend.
Here is an article discussing Architectural Photography.  I have done a little bit of this but I am no expert.  There are Photographers who specialize in this for real estate adds and magazine articles.  I did a Photo Shoot photographing different jobs that my husband's plumbing company had completed.  He used the pictures for his brochure and his website.
http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/architectural-photography-the-key-elements/
Here are a series of awesome pictures of Yosemite National Park.  I have not been to this park yet but it is on my Bucket List.  These shots might tempt you into taking a trip there yourself.
http://www.photographyblogger.net/the-best-photos-of-yosemite-national-park/
Today's How I Took It Photograph is one from the Photo Shoot at Hot Sam's Antiques last week.  It was taken with my Olympus E510 SLR, Manual Mode, F4.0, 1/640th of a second, ISO 100, Handheld.  It came out a little dark so I lightend it up in post processing and gave the colors a boost as well.   If you have never visited this place, it is worth the trip.  It has a ton of quirky things that are fun to shoot.  Here is a link to their Facebook Page.
Our friends at Borrow Lens are celebrating their 5th Anniversary.  To mark they occasion they are doing a drawing for a Cannon 5 D Mark III camera.  Click on the link below to enter.
I have always maintained that it is harder to keep the pounds off in the summer versus the winter.  We go more places and eat more bad food during the summer at picnics, carnivals, car shows, fairs, etc.   Way more temptations.  We, also, grill out more often which can be bad too depending on your choices.  Here is an article Joy Manning of Prevention magazine on how to make better choices for your next backyard Barbeque.
Today's Thought For The Day is by Abigal Adams:
"To be good and to do good is the whole duty of a man comprised in a few words."
Thank you for reading my Blog today!
Becky McGuire,CTC,MCC
All Inclusive Vacation Consultant
612-490-0359
http://www.facebook.com/tvlgoddess

No comments:

Post a Comment