Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Happy Thursday everyone.  Only one more day to go until the weekend.  The weather man is predicting a wonderful weekend for Minnesota.  I hope you can get out and enjoy it.
Today's featured Downtown business is Babe's Music Bar It is a great place to enjoy some music and have a casual dinner.  There is free popcorn in the bar area!
http://www.babesmusicbar.com/
One of my favorite places to get away for a long weekend is Bayfield, Wisconsin.  It is a quaint little town in Northern Wisconsin on Lake Superior.  They have lots of cute shops and restaurants.  You can stay at one of the many B&Bs or at one of the nearby resorts.  There is a ferry over to Madeline Island as well.  There are many sailboat charter companies but my favorite one is Catchun Sun Charters owned by  brother in law Captain Terry McGuire.  Be sure to plan another trip back in the fall for the Apple Festival.
https://www.facebook.com/tvlgoddess#!/Bayfield.WI
Here is an article with 10 tips for black and white photography.  I don't a lot of black and white but it is fun to do sometimes.  I like converting city skylines to black and white.
http://www.dpmag.com/how-to/shooting/stunning-b-and-w.html?key=DPMEBL01&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DPeNewsMarch_032912
I heard today that March 31st is Back Up Your Computer Day.  Who knew there was such a thing.  I cannot express the importance of this.   I have had two hard drives crash and I was so glad I had made copies of all my images and documents.   I like to back up to an external hard drive and to disc just to be safe.  The external hard drives can fail too so be sure to have a second back up method.
Be sure to bring your little ones into town this Saturday morning for the Easter Egg Scramble in Downtown Lakeville.  Participating merchants will be handing out Easter candy.  Miracole's Candy will be handing out Easter candy from 9:00AM until Noon. 
Here is a link to the Beginner's Photograpy Meet Up Group page about their visit to Inside The Frame Studios.  It was a fun afternoon and I met some new Photography Buddies.
http://www.meetup.com/Twin-Cities-Beginner-Photography/events/55044552/
Thanks for reading my Blog today!
Becky McGuire
612-490-0359
www.insidetheframestudios.com
www.miracolescandyshoppe.com
www.facebook.com/tvlgoddess

No comments:

Post a Comment