Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday Blog

It is a cloudy with on and off rain today here in beautiful Downtown Lakeville.  I know we need the rain but I hate gloomy days.  At least it is nice and warm and there is no wind.
I am having dinner with some of my Travel Agent buddies tonight.  I have made so many good friends over the last 22 years working in the Travel Industry.  Whenever I am working on a destination I am not familiar with I can call and someone will have the information I need.
Today I am working on a trip to Venice for some friends of ours.  Venice is one of my favorite cities.  I have been there twice and had a great time each time. 
I got a message from the Lakeville Patch website that said 3 people did not like one of my Blog posts.  I am not sure what their issues were.   I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.  Please contact me directly if you have any complaints or comments.
The link below is to an article I read in a Candy Industry newsletter.  It talks about how people will be still trying to keep their spending as low as possible in 2012 and how the prices keep going up.  I know the prices of candy have risen sharply since August when we bought the candy store.   It has been a challenge for retailers to stay competitive and still make a profit.
http://www.candyindustry.com/articles/85088-symphonyiri--shoppers-still-want-to-live-well-with-less-in-2012
This next article will be helpful if you have a new DSLR camera.  I had a really hard time myself trying to figure out which lens I should buy.   A good lens can be quite expensive so you don't want to pick the wrong one.  I have really noticed a difference in my shots when I upgraded my lens.
http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/what-makes-for-a-good-slr-lens/
If any of you have a question about Photography techniques Please let me know.  If I don't have the answer I will try to find out for you. 
I have had some people ask me about Photo Editing programs.  I have worked with several different ones over the years.  They all do almost the same things.  I think Photoshop has a great product but it has a much higher learning curve than some of the other ones.  The one I recommend for beginners is the Corel Paint Shop Pro X4 which is the newest version.  It is almost half the price of Photo Shop Elements and a fraction of the cost of the Photo Shop CS6 professional version.  If you are OK with the older versisons you can find used versions at great prices on Amazon.  Here is a link to the official Corel website.
http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4220093&storeKey=us&trkid=NASEMGglDM
Today's featured Downtown Lakeville business is The Lakeville Barbers which owned by Jon Boorom.  Their address is 20908 Holyoke Ave.  They are located on the corner of 109th Str and Holyoke.
Thanks for reading my Blog!
Becky McGuire
612-490-0359
tvlgoddess@npgcable.com
www.miracolescandyshoppe.com
www.insidetheframestudios.com
Follow us on Face Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment