Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankfull Thursday

I did not write a Blog yesterday because my Dad had to have emergency surgery yesterday.  This is his second Brain surgery in 9 days.  Blood had accumulated on his brain again so they did pretty much the same surgery again.  The Neuro Surgeon did not know why the blood came back.  He said is it was rare occurence and atributed it to "bad luck" which was not much of an answer in my book.  The fear we had with both of these surgeries was the possibility of a stroke but fortunately that did not happen.  I could tell this second surgery took a lot more out of him than the first one.  It is so hard to see your parent in this condition.  We are very grateful for all the prayers and support of our family and friends.  I truly believe this help him to survive the surgery.

The big news here in Minnesota is a new Airline coming to Terminal 2 (HHH Terminal).  This is good news because it increases competition and forces the other carriers to lower fares.  I am not a fan of their business model.  They offer a very low base fare and then to proceed to charge you for everything.  The one that irks me the most is charging $50.00 each way for a carry on.  Here is a link to the article that  ran in the Star Tribune:
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/140862673.html

Today's featured photographer is Sue Lund of Sue Lund Photography in Lakeville.  Here is a link to her website:
http://www.suelundphoto.com/

This article gives you 15 tips for Low Light Photography.  This is one area I really struggled with until my Photography Instructor, Adam Grim, showed me how to do it right.  The photo below is one I took while taking Adam Grim's In The Field Photography Class.  Now, I love shooting at night.
It is critical that you use a Tripod and Remote Trigger or your camera's timer. 
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/15-tips-for-low-light-landscape-photography

Today's featured Lakeville business is Lakeville Area Art Center which is not your traditional business.   I like to support them because they are a big draw for Downtown Lakeville and they make  the arts more accessable to the average person.  Be sure to click on the links at the bottom to see what is coming up and the classes they offer.
http://www.downtownlakeville.com/renew6.shtml

Whenever possible Please shop locally and visit Historic Downtown Lakeville. 
Thanks for reading my Blog!

Becky McGuire
612-490-0359
tvlgoddess@npgcable.com
www.miracolescandyshoppe.com
www.insidetheframestudios.com
https://www.facebook.com/kjnowlin?ref=pymk#!/

No comments:

Post a Comment